Planning and Product Development Unit:
The Unit is responsible for the formulation and execution of strategic policies and plans aimed at the sustainable development of tourism products and services for the tourism industry. Additionally, the Unit facilitates the process for duty free concessions for the accommodation sector in keeping with the Hotels Aid Act (1988) and the marine and land transportation sector.
The Unit is tasked with:
- Locally improving industry awareness, understanding, and support through the local media and tourism education, training and public awareness programmes delivered via workshops, visits to schools and consultations;
- Distributing and communicating tourism information nationally, regional and the ministerial branch;
- Improving the appearance of the Ministry;
- Planning, implementing and dissemination of announcements and publications such as press releases, bulletins and other forms of publications in an effort to report and promote the efforts of the Ministry;
- Maintaining and improving a good relationship with the media and general public, as well as providing advisories to the media in their industry coverage;
- Coordinating and managing press conferences for the Minister of Tourism.