The Botanical Gardens is part of the National Parks, Rivers and Beaches Authority, charged with looking after the islands beautiful ecosystems. The gardens plays an important role in propagating and preserving biodiversity.
- To maintain the Botanic Gardens as a tourist attraction.
- To establish the Gardens as a site for in-situ and in-vitro propagation.
- To establish and maintain the Botanic Gardens as a Germplasm Bank.
- To maintain the national heritage and aesthetics of the Gardens.
- To manage and maintain in an efficient manner the resources of the Botanic Gardens.